The discount period is approaching, and monitoring the competition or retailers can be hard. Prices are dropping fast, and discounts are popping up every day. For a Brand this can be very dangerous because it seems like you are losing supervision over your distribution network. With Competitoor, you can have a clear vision of what’s happening every day in your market and discover those retailers that take advantage of the discount period by applying overly aggressive discounts.
The same can be true for e-commerce. It’s very important during the discount period to monitor how your competitors are moving. Most of them will try to discourage your business with aggressive and massive discounts. If users see that your prices are higher than your competitors’, they will abandon you as soon as they can.
Discounts can be a great opportunity to increase your income. Is important to align your prices with your competition’s, as in this way you have good chances to conclude a purchase and convert a simple visitor into a customer.
Here are some tips for making the best use of Competitoor:
- Get emailed any time your competitor/retailer changes prices.
- Set a maximum discount to receive further notification when someone exceeds it.
- Decide to monitor the most requested items or those with an important impact on your turnover.
- Use the dynamic pricing strategy to automatically change prices on your online shop.
- Use the price intelligence strategy to know about your competition’s ranking.